Working at the Amalgamated Pest Control Caboolture Branch as a technician and now as the branch manager, it has always been my goal to educate our customers to be timber pest aware, especially for subterranean termites.
Many of my customers biggest investment is their home. They look after their home like as their palace with neatly maintained lawns, beautiful gardens, not suspecting or even concerned about subterranean termites until they discover damage within the home.
It is widely accepted that damage caused by termites can be extensive and the costs of repairs can vary widely. The average cost to repair termite damage in Australia is approximately $7,000.00, although some incidents can render a bill in well excess of $50,000.00.
Prevention is always better than the cure and if you live in South-East Queensland you should have a tailored termite management plan for your home.
Amalgamated Pest Control Caboolture is here to help educate homeowners and help protect their homes.
What is a BigTED?
BigTED is a Termite Early Detection System consisting of four, (4), stations designed to detect the presence of subterranean termites.
Amalgamated Pest Control Caboolture is offering homeowners the chance to participate in the BigTED promotion, designed to help educate homeowners about the risks of subterranean termites. To be eligible for this promotion, the following criteria a must be met:
- Book In and pay for timber pest inspection.
- Amalgamated Pest Control will complete a comprehensive inspection of your property including the yard, internal areas, roof void and sub-floor areas.
- We will provide you with a comprehensive written report.
- We will install up to four, (4), BigTED stations and educate you on how to monitor them for termite activity.
Why should you monitor for Termite Activity?
Chances are even if you have a chemical soil barrier around your home termites may be lurking under your house seeking a way in and that could be disastrous. Independent surveys of Australian homes have shown that about 1 in every 5 has active wood eating termites or has had a problem with them. The most destructive species live in large underground nests containing over a million timber destroying insects. They tunnel underground to enter the building and then remain hidden in the timber making it difficult to locate their presence. Where timbers are concealed as in most homes, it makes it more difficult to locate their presence, especially if gardens have been built up around the home.
There are many termite monitoring stations on the market. Unfortunately they are generally designed for either ease of installation, or made to a low price. The problem with cheaper alternatives is that termites will probably never enter the stations as they lack the necessary attributes to successfully attract termites. The BigTED stations use independent scientific research studies to exploit the biology of termites and ensure termite interception. This includes the following:
- BigTED uses hardwood timbers – termites primary food source
- BigTED stations are larger – allows termites to establish a small colony in one place, not your home.
- BigTED has soil to timber contact – termite’s travel under ground in search of timber food sources, these stations are designed with this in mind.
- BigTED will be installed in high environment conducive areas – Big TED stations are placed in areas of your property that are typically attractive for termites.
- BigTED is designed to blend into its environment – the stations are underground with virtually no visible presence.
How Amalgamated Pest Control and you can work together
Together we can eliminate termites. The BigTED system provides early detection of termite activity, in a home where an inspection shows no current activity exists.
By regularly monitoring your Big TED stations, you can monitor and learn what risk your home is at from subterranean termites. We provide you with a key to open your stations and an instructional website with what to look for. Please visit www.bigted.com.au for more information.
Once you identify active termites you can contact us and we will develop a tailored Timber Pest Management Program to suit your needs.
Want to no more?
To learn more about the BigTED system, please contact your local team at Amalgamated Pest Control Caboolture on 1300 858 402 or visit www.bigted.com.au